This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Home page refresh of custom report

Can anyone tell me the refresh time on a report from report writer?

Also, can this timer be modified?  I want to have a custom report on the home screen of NPM, but the refresh times don't match the screen refresh so that data appears stale next to the pre-made tables.

Thanks

• i don't know that they have their own refresh time, but i have four custom reports on my home screen and they refresh and update whenever it refreshes.

do you have those reports placed in the folder \REPORTS?

• The reports are in the default directory.

Can I ask what parameters are in your reports?

My report tracks the current, average & peak node response times and the TxUtil% & RxUtil% of the interfaces on that node

I have the top XX nodes by current response time along side it for comparison, they are often different on a node by node basis by significant amounts, hundreds of milliseconds and the custom report doesn't change for minutes at a time, while the page (and therefore the top xx chart) refreshes every minute without fail.

• OK so I've found out something new in relation to this.

The custom report refreshes just fine if it is in its own window, the problem is with the report being refreshed on the home page.

• here's one similar to what you've mentioned but without Interface Util. there's not much to it - very simple.

i once had one published like you've mentioned for Top VLANS but lost interest in it and took it off, however it works like a charm.

SELECT
    Nodes.Department AS Department, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address, Nodes.ResponseTime AS Response_Time, Nodes.Status AS Status, Nodes.StatusLED AS Status_Icon, Nodes.AvgResponseTime AS Average_Response_Time, Nodes.MaxResponseTime AS Maximum_Response_Time, Nodes.PercentLoss AS Percent_Loss
     FROM
    Nodes
     WHERE 
    (
      (Nodes.Region LIKE 'Statename Remote%') AND
      (
       NOT (Nodes.Vendor LIKE '%windows%') AND
       NOT (Nodes.Caption LIKE '10.250.%'))
    )

ORDER BY 1 ASC, 5 DESC

and then here's that one i mentioned about VLANS

SELECT TOP 10
    Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Interfaces.IfName AS Internal_Interface_Name, Interfaces.InterfaceIcon AS Interface_Icon, Interfaces.VLAN AS VLAN, Nodes.ResponseTime AS Response_Time, Nodes.MaxResponseTime AS Maximum_Response_Time, NullIf(InBps,-2)+NullIf(OutBps,-2) AS XmitRecvBps, Interfaces.MaxOutBpsToday AS MaxOutBpsToday, Interfaces.MaxInBpsToday AS MaxInBpsToday, Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Interfaces.InterfaceID AS InterfaceID
     FROM
    Nodes INNER JOIN Interfaces ON (Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID)
     WHERE 
    (
      (Interfaces.FullName LIKE '%unrouted vlan%') AND
      (
       NOT (Nodes.Caption LIKE 'tech%'))
    )

ORDER BY 8 DESC

• This is not a problem with the report, that works fine, and I've verified that it refreshes with out any problems in it's own window.

The problem pertains to the refresh of the report within the Home page window. It happens with every report I've tried so far.

• This almost sounds like a bug to me... why should it be different whether it's on the homepage or not.