This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

History of pollers that return text

We have some custom pollers that return plain text, such as "Normal" and "Critical". I have them set to save historical data for tracking purposes and I created a custom report, which does show the history correctly. Then on the node page of those devices I have added the "Universal Device Poller Status" so that we can view the current status, but what I would like is to be able to view the history without requiring a report. For example if I click the Poller Name or Current Status of a poller that returns numbers it will open a new page that has a graph that shows that poller history. Doing that with a poller that is just text will still attempt to show a graph, but of course it doesn't know how to graph the text. I thought a couple years ago when we were on an older version I was able to click the Export to XLS to view the raw text, but I'm currently on NPM 11.0.1 and exporting results doesn't return any values.

Is the raw data supposed to return the values for text pollers and is something wrong with my system? Also is there a different resource I should be adding to the node page to easily view the history of a specific custom poller that is text?