This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

High Error and Discards

I am beginning to get a lot of transmit discards, transmit errors, and receive discards. We have replaced optics and fiber. I have even cleared counters, but still they appear. Would this be a case of wireless access points when a user roams between access points and trying to reconnect, arp table issue, bad ios code, or what? Any information would help. I do have a case open with SW and Cisco.

pastedImage_0.png

• The discards could be cause by traffic shaping or carious other configurations and I would imagine (though I am not sure) that the transfer from one AP to another could cause some errors. I would verify that you are see the errors/discards increment in the device and then Focus on the Cisco side of things since SW won't be able to help much with troubleshooting specific device issues.