This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with views by device type Universal poller

We have several devices (Emerson Computer Power)  UPS adn AC units.  We created some Universal Device Pollers to trend temperature for the AC units and Voltage/Current for the UPS units.  The problem is when I create a "View by Device Type" I can only select Emerson Computer Power adn not the AC or UPS.  Is there a way to do this.  Currently the view shows all the charts/pollers for both types of units just that the UPS units dont trend the temp adn the AC units dont trend the voltage. 

Is there a way to change this?  I tried to use the "Auto-hide Resource" but all that does is hide the chart for the correct unit.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rob_ib

A few of us have read this post, but we don't fully understand.  What'st he problem with auto-hide?

•  The problem we are having is the following.  Emerson Computer power covers airconditioner and UPS systems and under Orion it sees both systems as just Emerson adn not as Emerson UPS or Emerson AC. We created universal pollers /charts for the AC units to trend the temp, humidity, cooling capacity and they trend fine on the AC units but on the UPS units under the custome node details page it tries to display the temp, humidity, cooling capacity as well but those are not valid pollers for the UPS devices so they are dispalyed as "The poller is not assigned to the Current Object"  When we click on "Auto Hide resource it hides the charts for the AC units and not the UPS units. 

Vice versa for the UPS specific pollers/charts on the AC views.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rob_ib

Rob,

If that's the case, then it looks like a bug.  Can you open a ticket and include diagnostics?