This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with deploying my Products???

I was surfing through some youtube.com videos yesterday and one of the ads that popped up was from Juniper Networks.  They were asking various people about their frustrations about IT.  The first several folks mentioned complexity of technology and cost.  The next 5-8 people mentioned they had a lack of time for developing monitoring tools, trouble with managing the products, and how to comply with various agencies. 

I wanted to start a discussion with those of you out there to see if you ran into the same issue.

Question 1:  Do you have enough time in the day to develop the tools you do own into a highly useful product?

Question 2:  Does your organization have personnel devoted to the development of Network Management tools?

Question 3:  Did your organization hire/contract the development out to a third party?

Thoughts??

• Question 1:  Do you have enough time in the day to develop the tools you do own into a highly useful product?

Unfortunately not... We are not taking advantage of what we already own, but there just isn't enough time to do it "right". We try to tell mgmt that positions like like network management and network security should really be be full-time positions, but that has fallen on deaf ears.

Question 2:  Does your organization have personnel devoted to the development of Network Management tools?

We do not...

Question 3:  Did your organization hire/contract the development out to a third party?

Nope, I pretty much have to figure out everything myself.

Jon