Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Help with custom Alert - Muted Node without End-date

Jump to solution

What majames84 is going against the users of Solarwinds or any other monitoring system that allows open-ended monitoring pauses/halts/mutes.  Human beings can be lazy, or overwhelmed, or undereducated, and want to shut off alarms as quickly and simply as possible in the heat of the moment and will not always go back to clean up after.

I have created similar such groups, dashboards, and emailed reports in multiple monitoring systems in the past and will continue to do so in any position where I am tasked with managing a monitoring system.

Level 9

Re: Help with custom Alert - Muted Node without End-date

Jump to solution

Ok everyone, I appreciate all the attention this got and with some additional time to think about it, I got it figured out. I just needed to target the audit events opposed to the nodes themselves.

SELECT * FROM [dbo].[AuditingEvents]

Where AuditingEvents.AuditEventMessage like '% muted alerts on %' and TimeLoggedUtc > DATEADD (minute, -1, SYSUTCDATETIME())

Problem solved! Now I have an alert that will trigger every time a user fails to schedule end time for muting a node. I appreciate everyone's help!

View solution in original post