This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with Alert Configuration

Hi!, I need to configure an alert where a computer connected to an AP is in the down state, but the AP is in the up state. this alert must be configured in various AP. but I need to configure the alert for all these AP and one of the connected services in each AP is down.

So far this is the alert, but I do not know how to continue:

Trigger Condition:

All child conditions must be satisfied (AND)

At least one child condition must be satisfied (OR)
Node - Node Name - is equal to - LOBCL-CAC201-AP
Node - Node Name - is equal to - LOBCL-CDH89-AP
Node - Node Name - is equal to - LOBCL-CDH85-AP
Node - Node Name - is equal to - LOBCL-CDH101-AP
Node - Status - is equal to - Up
And
Node - Node Name - is equal to - LOBCL-CAC201-MEMS
Node - Status - is equal to - Down

pastedImage_4.png

• Before digging into this too much, are you aware that SolarWinds had automatic dependency mapping, so that you only get "down" for the thing that is down, and anything after that is "unreachable". So:

Core Router ---> Branch router --> switch ---> 3 AP --> 10 computers

If the branch router goes down, the branch router state is "down", but the status for everything to the right is "unreachable".

Thus, you can choose to just alert when the machines (like LOBCL-CAC201-MEMS) themselves are down, and not have to check the status of the AP.

Tell me if I'm missing something.