This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help Request: Proper Monitoring/Alerting for Juniper SRX SPU CPU/MEM Utilization

Hi all,

I have searched around and not found a question quite like this. We have a good handful of new Juniper SRX devices that we are needed to monitor the SPU CPU and Memory utilization for, and trigger an alert if any of them are over a certain percentage. I have found the OID that has a table of the relevant information, 1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.3.39.1.12.1.1.1.4. For each of these SRX nodes, the amount of SPUs can vary, so naturally the table will as well.

I created a poller with the following settings:

- mib value type = raw value

- format = none

- snmp get type = I have tried "get next" and "get table"

- polling type = node

When I test this with the Orion Universal Device Poller application, it shows the full table of values. When I apply this to nodes and chart it, I am seeing the multiple readings but the column names are very strange as below. What would be the best method to make sense of this and generate alerts on a given SPU?

20 Trend
21 Trend
4 Trend
5 Trend

Thanks!