This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Having trouble with Custom SQL Alert

I have a SQL query that checks our store subnets for less than 128 IP addresses (we had an issue last week where some data mysteriously disappeared from IPAM awhile ago, and we just now realized it. so we would like to know immediately if this data goes missing again).  I have it running as a report, but i would like to set it up as an alert instead. Here is the query:

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT n.IPAddress) AS [Count],

g.FriendlyName as StoreNumber

FROM IPAM_Node n

JOIN [dbo].[IPAM_Group] g

ON n.SubnetId = g.GroupId

WHERE g.CIDR = 25

GROUP BY g.FriendlyName,

g.CIDR

HAVING COUNT(DISTINCT n.IPAddress) < 128;

Now i'm having trouble with setting it up as a new alert:
pastedImage_0.png

what should i use from the dropdown to make this validate?

• Unfortuntatly i dont have the IPAM module installed so i cant test, but i can see where you may be going wrong here, the alert trigger condtion when using custom SQL you need to 'Join' your condition on to the pre populated SELECT. so something like this:

INNER JOIN IPAM_Node n ON IPAM_NOdeReportView.IPNodeId =n.nodeid

INNER JOIN IPAM_Group  g ON n.SubnetId = g.GroupId

WHERE g.CIDR = 25

GROUP BY g.FriendlyName, g.CIDR

HAVING COUNT(DISTINCT n.IPAddress) < 128;

• You were close! i took yours and came up with this:

SELECT IPAM_GroupReportView.FriendlyName, IPAM_GroupReportView.GroupId FROM IPAM_GroupReportView

INNER JOIN IPAM_Group g ON IPAM_GroupReportView.GroupID = g.GroupId

INNER JOIN IPAM_Node n ON n.SubnetId = g.GroupId 

WHERE g.CIDR = 25

GROUP BY g.FriendlyName, g.CIDR, IPAM_GroupReportView.FriendlyName, IPAM_GroupReportView.GroupId

HAVING COUNT(DISTINCT n.IPAddress) < 128

Thank you so much for getting me in the right direction!

PS: how do you format the code in Thwack and make it look all pretty?