This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Hardware Requirements

Hii All,

For the below BoQ, if the below Servers are fine. Also what about Mobile Admin. Do we need to add another server.

Sl No

Item

Qty

SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor SLX

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer for SolarWinds NPM SLX

SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset Per Seat License (includes one desktop install & one Web named user)

SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager DLX

SolarWinds Additional Polling Engine for SolarWinds Unlimited Licenses

SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor WPM50 (up to 50 [recordings x locations])

SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor AL150 (up to 150 monitors)

SolarWinds Mobile Admin MAX (unlimited users) -

License with 1st-Year Maintenance

Main Orion Server :

CPU – 16 Cores

RAM – 32 GB

1GB NIC

Windows Server 2016 Standard or Latest

Additional Polling Engine :

CPU – 16 Cores

RAM – 32 GB

1GB NIC

Windows Server 2016 Standard or Latest

Orion Database :

80GB SQL 2016 Standard or latest

NetFlow Database  (Max of 25000 Uplinks):

60GB SQL 2016 Standard or Latest

WPM Player:

Intel Core i7/8GB/500GB/Windows 10

• That all looks fine, and yes you would need a separate machine for Mobile Admin and in most cases you would want to make sure that machine is sitting in a DMZ since it is pretty common for people to want to hit Mobile Admin without having to connect their phone to a corporate VPN.

• Hi,

Thank you for your response. Just one quick query. In the Hardware pre-requisites for the Mobile Admin, its asking for Server 2012 R2. Whether this will work in Server 2016 Standard. Also do we need a seperate DB for Mobile Admin.

Best Regards,

Geo John

• To be honest I haven't installed MA in a while, I don't know that there is anything that won't work in Server 2016, but I do see the same as you that the "newest" OS that is officially listed in the documentation is 2012.   Best bet is to open a support ticket to get confirmation on that one if you don't want to roll the dice and try it on your own.

Mobile admin is a TRIVIALLY small program, it uses a local copy of a SQLite database on the MA server, as mentioned here: Mobile Admin database backup