cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Hardware Polling Failed: Error 31224 - Crypto Error after 12.3 Upgrade

Anyone having this issue after upgrading to 12.3?

Hardware polling failed: Error 31224 - Crypto Error - Unable to perform the requested algorithm. If FIPS restrictions are enabled, please select a FIPS compliant algorithm.

I have a ticket in with Solarwinds #00144449 but no one has picked it up yet.

Polling server is Windows Server 2016 Standard

SQL server is Windows Server 2016 Standard running SQL Server 2012

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 7

We are having the same issue here.

This is a new installation and we are migrating to SNMP v3. We are using AES128 and followed all of the guides for clearing out SSL and reinstalling. Still the same issue occurs. Did you get any update ?

0 Kudos

We undertook the action to upgrade to Hotfix release 6 and this seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Level 13

We are just in the process of moving to SNMPv3 for network devices.  We had done some testing previously, but we never noticed this error.  Now we are seeing this error come up intermittently on nearly every network device using SNMPv3.  Forcing a rediscover/poll now or going into Edit Properties and testing the SNMP settings seems to recover the node for a short time.  I can also see on different refresh intervals the error coming and going.  Not sure what anyone else has noticed or if anyone has a permanent fix for this.

John Handberg
0 Kudos

From what I have found if you upgrade to HF5 this will go away. It did for me, hope this helps

0 Kudos
Level 7

OK, so far I've narrowed this down to SNMP v3 AES128 and "Hardware Health Sensors" from the resources list.  All other SNMP details appear to poll correctly without error, however if you have "Hardware Health Sensors" enabled with AES128 on the SNMP v3 algorithm, it fails with the above error.  This makes no sense as AES128 is FIPS compliant.  Seems like a NPM based bug.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I only get this on some nodes and not all.  It's not specific to any make or model that I can tell.  No idea why it works for some and not others.  I've tried to delete and recreate the node and it seems to follow the node.

0 Kudos

Has anyone looked at this? I have the same problem, but mine started after Solarwinds Tech Support ran repair on the job engine and the collector. I'm going to open another ticket as this is unacceptable

0 Kudos

0 Kudos