This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Hardware Health Overview numbers not correct

Hi,

I have a question.

In the "Hardware Health Overview" the node count is 240. But when i look in the Database Details it says the node count is 357.

WY is there is there a difference of 117 devices.

I hope that someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advanced

Greetings

Palermo

• Please correct me if I am wrong, you are talking about 2 different things on this thread.

Node Count (under Database details): are total number of nodes in your environment or to be more specific total number of nodes on that particular Solarwinds instance which you are using.

Hardware Health Overview: total number of nodes on which you have enabled Hardware Health Sensors , in your environment you have enabled Hardware Health Monitoring on 240 Nodes only.

• Check how are the remaining nodes added in Solarwinds - I mean 117 devices are they being polled by ICMP ? If they are not then you will have to do a list resource on each node and enable Hardware Health Sensors on them - if available / required and applicable. (Hardware Health Sensors are ideally available on Cisco, Dell, F5, HP, and Juniper devices)

• Hi Vinay BY,

You are right. Have not thought about that. There are indeed several devices that do not have health sensors.

I compared the devices after your suggestion and i have a difference of 1 device :-). I think I can live with that.

Thanks for helping

Greetings

Palermo