cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Hardware Details in a report

Jump to solution

In NPM, there is a very useful widget - NETWORK DETAILS. It shows me the model number and the serial number of my CISCO devices.

How can i use that information in a report? I cant find those fields in the Report Writer and the report writer on the web portal shows each device which isnt helpful. I need the report in columns -

Name - IP Address - Model - Service Tag

Any clues anyone??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

So many frustrated ellipses! 😮  Look at this post: Anyone see SYSTEM create custom properties?  Towelie says that SAM creates that custom property.  On the system I tested the report on it contained the information you were looking for but I'm not 100% that Orion populated it automatically without some intervention.  But service tag is definitely there too.   I added everything you wanted to a report and the results are in the following pics:

report.jpg

results.jpg

If you want to look at it in the DB, everything is in a table called APM_HardwareInfo.

Barring any of that you can just create a custom poller and grab the info manually.  Here are a few OIDs for that:

Cisco SNMP Object Navigator

Hope that helps sir.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Try this:

In web report writer make a custom table. Report on Nodes where Vendor = Cisco. In the edit table section select Caption, IP Address, Machine Type and Assettag. Run the report and let me know if that's what you're looking for.

-Matt

Loop1 Systems

And where is this : Assettag ? I have the rest but can not find where the asset tag shows.  Nor through the DB Manager can I find this field in any of the tables/views.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Do you have SAM? I'm thinking you only see that field if you have SAM.

-Matt

Loop1 Systems

0 Kudos

Yes... we have SAM.. so hardware health monitoring via SAM, of my Cisco Switches will give this : Assettag field you say.

What setup is needed to bring this out into plain sight?

0 Kudos

So many frustrated ellipses! 😮  Look at this post: Anyone see SYSTEM create custom properties?  Towelie says that SAM creates that custom property.  On the system I tested the report on it contained the information you were looking for but I'm not 100% that Orion populated it automatically without some intervention.  But service tag is definitely there too.   I added everything you wanted to a report and the results are in the following pics:

report.jpg

results.jpg

If you want to look at it in the DB, everything is in a table called APM_HardwareInfo.

Barring any of that you can just create a custom poller and grab the info manually.  Here are a few OIDs for that:

Hope that helps sir.

View solution in original post