This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HPE/Aruba 3810 "Could not poll"

I have this one switch continually marked as Undefined in NPM because of this "Overall Hardware Status has state: Could not poll" error. However, the switch passes all of the UDT compatibility checks through the compatibility checker on the server. It also - obviously - passes the SNMP test when editing the node. It appears in NPM with ports listed, attached MAC addresses, all of the CPU, memory, and other graphs have data. In short, it appears normal. So why the error message?

• The error you are getting is for hardware sensors... Its trying to fetch hardware stats from the device but its not able to poll...

• That makes sense, I think. Given that there are no hardware sensors on that switch and it's not a Cisco device, a UPS, or running VMware, none of the SolarWinds included "Universal Device Pollers" would find anything.

So I think that means my question really should be, how do I get this one HP switch out of the 38 that I'm monitoring to stop producing this error? Some of which are the HPE/Aruba flavor. However, this is the only HPE/Aruba 3810 we have. The others are 2530's and are setup and being polled the same.

Is this just a matter of telling NPM or UDT to poll it without looking for hardware sensors? If so, where is that setting?    

• If you are not interested in hardware monitoring then u can go the node in

question, click on list resources and uncheck the hardware sensor and

submit it. Post this you should not get the error.

• Bah!! Of course! I missed the very top check box in the list for Hardware Health Sensors. Looked right passed it.

Thanks!