This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HP Servers

Hello all,

We would like to use Orion to monitor the status of disks in an array.  If we have a drive fail, we want it to appear in the Nodes with Problems view for all to see.

I have searched Thwack and found a custom poller someone posted in the Content Sharing Zone, however, it does not return results we can interpret.  Does anyone use Orion for this purpose? I'm sorry for the less than specific question -- but I'm not sure where to start!

Thank you in advance, 

Andrew

• Thanks.  The OID referred to (1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.2.1.1.6 /  cpqDaCntlrCondition) is described as "The condition of the device. This value represents the overall
     condition of this controller , and any associated logical drives ,
     physical drives , and array accelerators", which sounds like what we're after.  The data is represented as a graph in the Orion web page, though. Does it need to be transformed?

•  HI there,

I am currently monitoring the physical disk status of my servers with OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.5.1.1.6 (cpqDaPhyDrvStatus). I have the poller setup to use the raw values, mapped to return a result of either Unknown, Ok, failed, or predictive failure. I have it setup as a UnDP on all of my servers, and I wrote a custom alert that sends me the server name, date, and all of the specifications for the drive (speed, size, interface, etc) when it fails.  The weakness with my method is that I can't limit it to only display one drive status.  What this means is that whenever a box has a HDD that dies,  I get an email that says "Hard Drive failure on <HOST>:  Drive status is now Ok,Ok,Failed,Ok."   That would be an example for a server that has 4 physical drives in it.  As far as I can tell, the alerts are consistent in that they always show the drives in increasing order, so Ok,Ok,Failed,Ok represent a failure on the 3rd drive in the box.

I'm not sure if there's a way to get this to show up on the Nodes with problems page, but it will show up in the active alerts section though.

Let me know if I can provide any more info that will be helpful.

Good luck!

--Brandon

•  JB --

That looks great. I'm gonna set those up on my box. Thanks for sharing those.  By the way, how did you get the HP Management page link on each page so that it would be unique for every host? Also, can you please share how you were able to add the Operational Role to the node details resource?

Thanks!

• This is an old resource but,

Put this in  Drive:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Resources\2-1-NodeDetails

and add it to the NODE Details (or whatever you use for your servers)

Denny:  if your out there *****  Feature Request  ****** 

JB

• added "Operational Role", "System", "Mission", Last_Update", "Next_Update" to Custom Properities

and added this:

<tr>
       <td class="Property" width="10"> </td>
       <td class="PropertyHeader">Operational Role</td>
       <td class="Property"> </td>
       <td class="Property"><%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"Operational_Role\"]")%> </td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="PropertyHeader">System</td>
       <td class="Property"><%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"System\"]")%> </td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="PropertyHeader">Mission</td>
       <td class="Property"><%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"Mission\"]")%> </td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="PropertyHeader">Last_Update</td>
       <td class="Property"><%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"Last_Update\"]")%> </td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="PropertyHeader">Next_Update</td>
       <td class="Property"><%#Eval("ObjectProperties[\"Next_Update\"]")%> </td>
     </tr>

To Drive:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Resources\NodeDetails\NodeDetails.ascx

JB

• Brandon,

Thanks.  That helped me figure out with the values being returned meant.

Andrew

• JB,

Thank you for posting these.  I apologize for being incompotent, but I receive errors during the import that are obviously my fault because Brandon was able to use these pollers.

I think it has to do with how I'm saving the file you posted.  The .XML opens in a browser window when I click download. I tried pasting that into a text file (naming with proper extension) without success.  Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Try getting rid of the "-" in front of - <CustomPollers version="9.0">

JB