cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

HP Proliant community string

Hi,

Anyone here can teach me how to see the community string at HP Proliant DL380 G7 because at ILO only i see to enabling SNMP.

Thanks for your reply.

GorlZ

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Level 13

look in the properties of the SNMP service.

0 Kudos

This thing already configured but still at NPM, HP Proliant status unknow.

I want to monitoring the HP self ( i mean the server, like temperature, cpu and FAN ) not OS inside it.

Thanks

GorlZ

0 Kudos

Could you log into the database and pull up the Nodes table.Look for the device mentioned in the question and forward the value found in "SysObjectID".

0 Kudos

SysObjectID is Blank.

0 Kudos

You may need to setup UnDP pollers for that information. See page 113 of the admin guide.

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/Orion/docs/OrionNPMAdministratorGuide.pdf

0 Kudos

I think solarwinds must know the devices first before i configure UnDP pollers, am i right ?

0 Kudos

You are right with UnDP.

You see SysObjectId is blank,so now can you confirm what is the value for the column "ObjectSubType".(for the same device) 

0 Kudos

Hi again Nandish

this problem resolved now, not configure 'sbin'hpsnmpconfig' yet, now i 'can see my device at hardware inside it.

Thanks for guide me..

0 Kudos

Welcome...Good to hear that it worked.

0 Kudos

I see "ICMP", it should "SNMP" right..but how to configure it ?

0 Kudos

Great we found the problem.Lets fix this.

Go ahead and add the node ,while adding you would be asked to enter the SNMP credentials.Once you enter them,make sure you "Test".If the test says successful then go ahead and complete the rest.It should work.

0 Kudos

already done what u said but it result "failed"...

0 Kudos

Check to make sure that the SNMP service is configured to respond to queries from the IP address or hostname of your SolarWinds server. It may only be set to respond to localhost or some other IP address.

0 Kudos

Please check for this information mentioned below.

Simply you are not entering the correct community string.Go back to the physical device in the question,and check the snmp configuration and the community string.

Community string is case sensitive.

0 Kudos