cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

HF2 timetable?

Jump to solution

Could someone provide us with a timetable for the availability of HF2 today so we can stop hitting Refresh every few seconds? My systems are all down until I install the Hot Fix, and I think others are in the same boat. Thanks!

1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

The SolarWinds Security Advisory has been updated. This also includes a link to a FAQ. These documents will continue to be updated as we obtain additional information.

View solution in original post

97 Replies

HF2 is only for 2020.2.1, not for 2020.2

Do you have 2020.2.1 ?

0 Kudos

I tried upgrading to 2020.2.1 as well and it is giving me the same message "All products are up-to-date" 

I am on 2020.2

on call with support almost 3 hours now, still waiting to connect to a support engineer.

0 Kudos

download the online installer for NMP 2020.2.1 and run that one ( the one that is 93 mb).

For me this was the only way it worked.

0 Kudos

I cannot use online installer since I we do not have internet access on our SolarWinds server. 

0 Kudos

then use the offline installer for 2020.2.1.

It will take longer and you will also need to run HF2 after.

0 Kudos

It's in the customer portal:Screenshot 2020-12-15 201507.jpg

I'm downloading it now. So glad for company internet.

0 Kudos

Downloaded in 1 minute to laptop but since is 1.3Gb its going to take some time to get it to the main server.

Advisory is still not updated and no email received with info about HF2 availability.

Any luck installing it? I just double-clicked the file and have been waiting for 45 minutes for some kind of installer or something to show up.

0 Kudos

what version of SolarWinds are you upgrading from? 

0 Kudos

Poking them about it.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

SolarWinds Security Advisory page is the official destination for the latest updates and still states the following:

An additional hotfix release, 2020.2.1 HF 2 is anticipated to be made available Tuesday, December 15, 2020. We recommend that all customers update to release 2020.2.1 HF 2 once it is available, as the 2020.2.1 HF 2 release both replaces the compromised component and provides several additional security enhancements.

0 Kudos

For half of the world is already 16 December so how about you update the advisory?

0 Kudos

Agreed, a lot of people are wasting time trying to understand a timetable for the updated HF2. It's not much to ask for communication. 

0 Kudos

The sad thing is that using the Web GUI, My Deployments, Updates & Evaluations, shows that there are no updates/hotfixes.

elkinst_0-1608084190544.png

I'm at 90% (configuring Orion) with HF2 now, then the APE to deal with.

0 Kudos

It would have been nice if they said but it's only available from the customer portal and "offline" install only. It does make sense as a lot of people will have powered down or booted 

0 Kudos

Yes, I been checking that all day (and night). Now I need to wake up my manager to get clearance to apply the patch.

0 Kudos
Level 10

If I had to guess I am going to say its not going to drop until Thursday 12/17/2020

0 Kudos
Level 10

This is the biggest thing for me. I recognize Solarwinds is A) developing the hotfix, B) verifying the hotfix, C) dealing with angry customers, D) dealing with government entities, E) trying to write SEC filings, F) trying to make sure their legal things are covered, and G) who knows what else... but a timeframe would be extremely useful. As I've said elsewhere, I want to do everything I can to build trust in the product with our security office and upper management... and communication helps quite a bit with that.

Level 9

Just got off a call with Tech Support. HF2 pushed to tomorrow. @1100hrs MST

We are greater than me.
Level 10

no sign we have any problem here, but since others might have a problem is good enough for our management team to pull the plug, It's like going back to the good old days where a user calls and you have to ask them what they think is wrong, and they reply everyone is experiencing slowness and they can't work. **bleep** I missing NTA a lot right now.