cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

HF2 Installed for everything but core... Any idea's if I can just get a core download?

So I have a strange one.

My install didn't go great and config wizard errored a few times. After everything settled and Solarwinds came back up, I can see all the HF modules were updated but core is still on 2020.2.1 HF1. Screen shot below will help

So I'm used the 2020.2.1 HF2 offline installer but now because all my modules are up to date it won't let me install anything again. As you can see from control panel, Programs and the updates, its defiantly the old version of core. 

grantallenby_0-1608133813639.png

Any one have any idea's? Is there just a core download anywhere?

@DanielleH Sorry to tag you but I'm probably not the only one with this issue. Are SW aware of any other cases?

TIA

0 Kudos
2 Replies

I got impatient before and killed my install midway and ended up in a similar situation.  Tried a lot of ideas to get it working again but in the end the simplest solution was just a complete uninstall on the server and then starting fresh.  You can just launch the installer from CMD with the -uninstall flag and it will clear you out.

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Uninstall-all-Orion-products-from-a-server-an...

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos
Level 13

Strange! 

Do you have core HF2 file in c:\program data\solarwinds\installer? Can you run just that one manually from there?

0 Kudos