This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Group by custom attribute and report statistics - Report Writer

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi all,

We have some custom attributes set in the custom property editor, we have our core network nodes listed under the custom property of devicetype called CORE, our voice devices under VOICE, adsl routers under ADSL. You can see where this is going. Wev'e done this so we can group our devices on the NPM summary page. No problem.

We now want to create a report that lists the availability of those grouped nodes, I can obviously report on individual nodes, but not the average of all the nodes in a group. I'd like to produce a report that shows the average availability of all the nodes under that custom header, CORE, VOICE, ADSL, UPS etc. Not sure how to group them.
I would also like to show the average response time, traffic etc based on all the nodes in that custom group.

Any ideas.

• Hi, You can use the Filter Results tab to select your Custom Property of only ADSL  or only CORE. You'll need to make a number or identical reports, one each for your ADSL, Core etc.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to robertcbrowning

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can sort that bit out. What I'd like is to summarise statistical historical data about all devices with a tag of CORE etc, For example under the custopm attribute of CORE I have around 8 devices. I want to collectively report on the availability of all the nodes in that group, if 7 devices have 100% uptime and one has 88% uptime I want the overall CORE devices to reflect that, that report should show CORE 93% uptime.

Hope that make sense.

• Mr. Monkey,

If i understand you correctly, i believe this can be done with an Advanced SQL Report.

Below is a query for you to use as a template. My custom property for this query is Application and the values i am using are OMS and SAP, and the time frame i used was for 7 days(weekly report).

Select(Select 'Availability - ' + CAST ((
    Select All AVG(ResponseTime.Availability)
    FROM Nodes INNER JOIN ResponseTime ON (Nodes.NodeID = ResponseTime.NodeID)
    WHERE( DateTime BETWEEN (Select DATEADD(DD,DATEDIFF(dd,0,GETDATE()),-7)) AND GETDATE() )AND 
    (Nodes.Application = 'OMS')
    )AS varchar(15)) + '%' + CHAR(13) + 'Avg Response Time - ' + CAST((
    SELECT  All AVG(ResponseTime.AvgResponseTime)
    WHERE( DateTime BETWEEN (Select DATEADD(DD,DATEDIFF(dd,0,GETDATE()),-7)) AND GETDATE() )AND 
    (Nodes.Application = 'OMS')
    )AS varchar(15))+ 'ms')AS OMS_Weekly_Stats,

(Select 'Availability - ' + CAST ((
    Select All AVG(ResponseTime.Availability)
    (Nodes.Application = 'SAP')
    )AS varchar(15)) + '%' + CHAR(13) + 'Avg Response Time - ' + CAST((
    SELECT  All AVG(ResponseTime.AvgResponseTime)
    (Nodes.Application = 'SAP')
    )AS varchar(15))+ 'ms')AS SAP_Weekly_Stats

The above query will produce this;

Give it a try and see if it works for you...

• This looks great! Anyway you could include the month/year in the report?  Thank you.