This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Group Custom View show nodes from another group

Hello,

I've been using Custom views for a better monitoring experience for some time now.

Recently we've seen some problems with our Wireless APs so I decided to create a Group of only our APs and then create a view so I could monitor them better.

However, after limiting the view to only my AP group, it shows both my AP Group and my Main Group. I dont know why its doing this if for my Main Group I limted the view to only this group and it works just fine.

Here are some pics I took.

ap1.png

Thats the AP group I created

ap2.png

Thats the limitation i used for the view when i created it

ap4.png

ANd there are the nodes from both the AP Group and my Main group @.@!!!!

Any input will be much appreciated!

.--Raul

• It's cause the single group limitation is meant to restrict... seeing other groups- not other nodes outside the group. As in, if you had an All Groups resource in there, it would only show AP Group.

To limit the nodes accessible/viewable, you'll need to either add account limitation of "group of nodes" or "ip address pattern", etc. rather than "single group" which is decidedly is less friendly and doesn't allow limitations based on custom properties or such.