Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Getting unexpected error while creating dashboard

Dashboard- adding view.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Solarwinds, just need small help while creating dashboard getting Unexpected error. In add view given dashboard name then clicked on Submit after that getting error message "An unexpected error occured- There was an error processing the request" . Tried to add resouce  but no luck getting the same error message. If anyone can help me on this it will be great helpful for me.

Thanks in Advance

Kumar

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

@kumar07 I tested this in a couple different labs (2019.2 & 2019.4) and was unable to reproduce.  What version are you running?

You may need to grab diagnostics and open a support case.  

0 Kudos

@jblankjblank we are using 2019.2 , I have tried multiple possiblities to overcome from this situation but couldn't found any solution for this. Please helpme on this to get retified.

0 Kudos

Support will get you fixed, but I always start with just rebooting the server.
If the restart doesn't do it, take a database back up, make a ticket with support, and run the diagnostics to attach to your ticket.

@jm_sysadmin Thanks for your response, is there any alternative solution for without rebooting the server.

Thanks in advance

Kumar

0 Kudos

You can try restarting the application services (from the Admin settings page for the Orion services), but honestly, a server reboot shouldn't be cause for concern. Windows Apps sometimes need a server restart, and things that Orion relies on from the OS might be the issue.

0 Kudos

@jm_sysadmin I have restarted all the services still issue persists do you have any other solution for this.

0 Kudos

I would reach out to support, they maybe be able to see in the logs what the issue is.
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you found solaution for this issue as i getting the same issue on 2019.4 version 

0 Kudos