cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

Geist Environmental Monitor Temperature Displaying Incorrectly

I just added some more Geist Environmental Monitors to NPM and noticed that some of them are giving back crazy values.  I have confirmed that the MIBs listed on the Geist MIB list match with the temperature MIB that we have set in NPM.

Here is a screenshot of the resource.  73 and 78 are reporting the temperature correctly.

Giest.JPG

I was digging a little deeper and loaded up the UDP application and tried testing the MIB against some of the nodes that were and weren't reporting correctly.  When I tested the nodes with the crazy values, I got a "The OID is not supported" message.  I have checked and found that the firmware between working and non-working nodes is the same.  They are also the same model number.  Any ideas on what else I can do to check or how to get them to read the OID?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

We are just getting our geist into NPM and are not getting the temperatures to come through.  did you find anything out on this

0 Kudos

I think it was that the MIBs that were in Solarwinds were incorrect for the current Geist version.  I did a MIBWalk on various Geist MIBs when I had one of the Geist's web front end up to compare the numbers I got back.

Here are some of the MIBs I'm using to pull back temps.  Hopefully this will help you get started.

AirTemp

MIB = 1.3.6.1.4.1.21239.2.5.1.6.1

Format = Enumeration

MIB Value Type = Raw Value

SNMP Get Type = GET

TempSensor

MIB = 1.3.6.1.4.1.21239.2.2.1.6.1

Format = Enumeration

MIB Value Type = Raw Value

SNMP Get Type = GET

0 Kudos

I'm using the 1.3.6.1.4.1.21239.2.2.1.6.1 OID, but I keep getting odd results.  If I SNMPwalk the device from my linux box it correctly reports 82.  If i use the snmpwalk.exe tool on the Orion server, it also correctly reports 82.  However, when I setup a graph for my Geists, all the other options (e.g. humidity, airflow, etc) are correct, but my temp is incorrectly reporting at 48.  I've got a ticket open to see what they say, but this makes no sense.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos