This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Gaps in interface data when graphed. (need help making interface bandwidth graph)

Hey everyone, I am in need of showing or creating an interface bandwidth graph for one of our internet circuits. My issue is when viewing the data from the interface there are gaps in the data I am assuming because of the polling rate. So I am wondering if there is a way to only graph the data that is not 0, or to not average the data or whatever the graphs are doing. My attached examples are from perfstack but the same issue happens when creating a custom chart of the data. On my attached real-time polling screenshot you can see the data spikes are accurate then go back down to 0. And with my other screenshot that is showing all data from the last 24 hours it looks like all the data is just averaged, which is not very useful to us. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to go about this? Please let me know.

  

attachments.zip
  • Perfstack and all its variants doesn't give any indication of gaps in data, its annoying and has been brought up several times to PM's since perfstack came out. No work around except to use the legacy custom chart widget.

With the custom chart you are going to get averaging any time there are more than some hard coded number of data points. Also annoying. Over the years I've done all kinds of workarounds when I actually needed that full detail like moving the data out to excel, embedding ssrs reports into Orion, or using javascript charting tools inside the custom html widget.