cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

GPS Coordinates

I have devices in the field that are reporting GPS coordinates information. I created a Universal Device Poller and am able to see the Latitude and Longitude listed. I would like to have this information displayed on the Node Details as static information such as Lat xx.xxxx Lon -xx.xxxxx. The only option that I have been able to find is to display these items as two separate fields using radial gauges. Is there a way to display the coordinates properly?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

There is a resource for the Node Details view called Universal Device Poller Status, if you add this to the view it will show the current value of every UNDP except the ones that are tables, presumably that should display what you need.

- Marc Netterfield, Github

Thank you for the information, I works just fine. The only thing that I noticed was that the coordinates appear as a straight number without the decimal point. I did a MIB walk and saw it listed the same way. Is there a way to format the coordinates?

0 Kudos

In the UNDP tool there is an option to create a transform, the thing thats a little lame about it is that the resource will display the raw value as well as the transformed one, so it's a little meh.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos

I have setup a transform but I have not been able to figure out the syntax. In this case I am assuming that I would need to use the parse function. I have spent some time searching for information about how to use it but have not found anything all that useful. Do you have any information about the parse syntax?

0 Kudos