Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Flushing old polling servers

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Is there a way to flush old polling servers?

On a new install it states that another polling server is active and to make sure everything is up to date on that server before continuing but it no longer exists...

I think it's under the impression that i'm adding this new server to a current install, when in fact it's a fresh install.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Hey thanks for the advice. I had issues changing the nodes to the new poller, it kept crashing the website for some reason. I have rebuilt the VM with NPM installed on and this has resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Go to settings -> Manage nodes and group by pollers.  If there is anything assigned to the old poller, move it to a new one.  Then go to Settings -> Polling Engines (something like that) and click 'delete unused polling engine'. Oh, and if it's not listed in the polling engines under settings then check out the Engines table in the DB.  Probably just wipe it out from there if it is a glitch.

Matthew Hawks

Loop1 Systems

Hey thanks for the advice. I had issues changing the nodes to the new poller, it kept crashing the website for some reason. I have rebuilt the VM with NPM installed on and this has resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hello matt_ress,

Its possible you are still going to have some remnants of the old poller in your database and some of your nodes and alerts could still be pointing to the old poller.  To make sure that is not the case do the following.

Go into your database and find the table AllEngines, and run execute query, this will list your pollers. If it only shows your new server as number 1 your set, if it also shows your old server do the following.

1. Run this query, (change the 3 with the number next to your new server) to make sure all your nodes and alerts are pointing to your new poller.

update nodes set engineid = '3' where engineid = '1'

update alerts set engineid = '3' where engineid = '1'

2. Once you run the query delete the row with your old poller.  This will remove you old poller from the database.

Thanks for the info, will check this out

0 Kudos