This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Firmware Update on Cisco ACI server now shows Power Supply Critical Errors

We have an odd issue on some Cisco ACI servers after a firmware upgrade.  I am curious to see if anyone else is running into this or has seen this.

The PSUs on 3 of our Cisco ACI servers are now showing critical errors in SolarWinds after a firmware upgrade to fix power supply errors in the firmware.  I was told the old firmware was causing the PSU status to bounce red/green on the servers and this firmware was to fix it.  But the new firmware now causing the PSUs to read down/critical by SolarWinds., even though it is stable and running on the servers.  The CIMC logs are not alerting and everything is within specs.  As of right now, the CIMC says everything is ok.  But I am hearing that the ACI says the there is an issue.

Our data center network group is opening a Cisco TAC case, but I am checking here to see if anyone has run into this as well.

Cisco ACI:

Firmware Version: 4.0(2f)

Model: UCS C220M4

Bios Version: C220M4.4.0.2a.0.1023180315

SolarWinds:

Orion Platform 2018.2 HF6, WPM 2.2.2, IPAM 4.7.0, SRM 6.7.0, NPM 12.3, DPAIM 11.1.0, VMAN 8.3.0, SAM 6.7.0, NetPath 1.1.3

cobrien

• We've not seen this (we aren't on 4.x), but I wanted to offer some input. Our Cisco rep told us not to go to 4.x yet, it's not a stable, proven version yet. Curious why you are running the latest? We are being told to use the latest 3.x.

D

• I can only relay what the data center network engineer told me.  They went to this version due to what ever last version they were on was causing the power supply indicators/logs in the CIMC to show the power supplies going up and down.  They are opening a TAC case about the new version.  I don't know if they were told to go to this version that I listed, but they said it was supposed to fix the issue they had been seeing.

• Fair enough, it was just a curiosity question. emoticons_happy.png Thanks.