This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Finding nodes/interfaces that have an unknown status

Does anybody know of an easy way to get a list of the nodes and/or interfaces that are currently in an unknown state?  I'm asking because I have had times where a configuration change on a router or firewall has caused SNMP polling to stop working to various devices so I no longer collect statistics on those interfaces.

In Admin | Manage Nodes, you can group by Status, but it only provides three status options: Up, Down, & Unmanaged.

It would be nice if NPM listed all the different status options that currently had at least one node or interface in that state.  Similar to how it manages the other group by options like Vendor or Machine Type.

I'm guessing that I will probably have to create something with Report Writer, but was looking for something simple that I could see at a glance.

Thanks,

Michael D. Jones

JetBlue Airways

• Michael:

I agree.  It would be useful to see devices with unknown status. 

I'd also like to see an event message if the SNMP community that used to work has quit( pings but SNMP now fails).

• You can change the All Nodes resouce using the Edit buton to Status at level 1 and None for level 2 and 3. Here is a report for Nodes in Unknown Status.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to smartd

set up an alert with the following.

Trigger alert when any of the following apply

Trigger alert when all of the following apply

Node Status is equal to UP

Status Description contains unknown

Vendor is equal to windows

Trigger alert when all of the following apply

Node Status is equal to UP

CPU is equal to -2

Vendor is equal to windows