This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Finding nodes in "Node Management"

Im having a bit of a brain freeze moment...

I'm in the "Node Management" section of the Orion Web Interface.

We have setup 3 "Custom Fields"

If I group by one of those custom fields, Orion sorts by the entries in that field and one called "unknown" because the field is blank.  Works great.

When I click on "Unknown" there is a list of all the nodes (520) which have this field un-populated.  

Now, inside that list of 520 nodes, there are 3 different sites which the nodes reside at, all have different IP ranges.

My question is this, how do I search for the nodes in the "Unknown" list for just the ones within a specific IP address range.  When I do a search for "10.1." every device that falls within that range comes up, I only want to see the ones within the "Unknown" list.

Thanks in advance

Zach

• Hi Zach,

i've had the same annoyance. The means I use to achieve this is via the "custom property editor" on the console/server. Select "Nodes" table. Then select "No Active Filter" build filter - to select ALL nodes that match (ie: Records where CITY is empty) would pick up all nodes with Unknown city.  Once results are returned, you can sort by selecting column, ie: Site or IP_Address etc. Or build a more complex filter. If you have lots of updates to perform, we typically export/import, using excel to edit/populate custom fields.

regards,

ellen.