This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Filter Nodes By Location

I'm looking for some insight into this filter.  I would like to sort all of our nodes by building location.  Has anyone done this? 

• I currently use this for all our office locations.

Easeist way to do this is set the SNMP community string on each device/node that you would like listed in that location. I have all of ours setup by City and for servers by Severity level this makes creating alerts real easy.

Profzoom

• We group (in alerts and on the main webpage) our nodes by (Geographical Location) -> (Site Specific Location) -> (Type).  Geographical & Site Specific are custom properties we have to enter for each one.  Makes adding a node a little longer, but makes defining alerts and access levels much easier, as I can for example give each site-specific site contact the ability to view only their specific nodes.