This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature request for syslog in NPM

Dear all

on a daily basis I scan the syslog from all the devices. Each day, there are the same messages which are listed, but these are not really "errors" and could be suspended. Would it be possible, for one of a next release, to create a "white list" on which directly in the browser guy a specific syslog entry can be added to this list, so that this message no longer appears in the list? It should be a list which also can be managed afterwards to get the control which entries will be suspended.

Just let me know if I can give you more information. Thank you for checking this request.
Markus

• Hi all

Is anyone there from Solarwinds who may give a statement to my request?

Thank you
    Markus

• I will log it into our system, but I have not heard this request very often.  Typically what people do is using the Trap & Syslog viewer, create rules which drop certain messages automatically and only look to log and alert on other specific messages which match a given pattern.

• Brandon,

Are there plans to get both the trap and syslog viewers into the WebUI?  I'm not a fan of having my teams log into the servers to make changes to what traps are alerted/discarded etc.

• I agree...

I administer the whole system as a network administrator so its ok for me to use the syslog viewer for this (if it wouldn't have been broken for over a year by now for me and support would finally find a solution to this).

if event logs are forwarded via syslog, this would be nice for non-orion admins or at least flag it somehow so an admin can take a look to change the syslog forwarding directly on the syslog forwarder...

I personally wouldn't need the feature though as we dont use it that much (because it lacks functionality we need to properly use it)

• Eventually....yes.  We want to move a lot of the Win32 apps to the web for better accessibility, just gonna take some time is all.