This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature request: Hide Resource of no values presented

Two features:

1.  Option to hide/display properties with no values
2.  Option to hide resources with NO properties to display

I really like when you add a resource with various selected properties, that the properties aren't displayed if they contain no data/value in them.  i.e., if I have a node that does NOT have "Circuit ID" information in Custom Properties, a blank "Circuit ID" line is omitted/hidden.  However, I can see how some people mike want ALL selected properties to be displayed, whether they contain a value in them or not.  I'd like to see a radio/checkbox option when editing a resource to control how this information is presented/hidden.

Along that same line of thought, I have lots of nodes who have NO values in particular custom properties.  i.e., I have a "Cisco SMARTNet" resource where I list serial numbers, contract numbers, contract expiration, etc.  Because my Orion is set to display views "by Device Type", sometimes Cisco and Non-Cisco devices are displayed with the same view.  My Linux servers don't have SMARTNet, so since there are no Custom Properties to display in that resource (at all), I'd like an option to hide that resource, completely.  Like the previous option, I can see value in giving customers the option to control this when editing the resource.