This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request for UnDP

I would like to have the option to hide an assigned custom poller on the Orion website.

For example, one is required to assign the System Uptime poller to a node in order to display the Transformed version of that poller in the Universal Device Poller Status resource on the website. The whole reason for creating the transform is I don't want to see a huge number in centiseconds on the web page. However, if you unassign the raw poller, the resource will eventually display an error asking you to re-assign it in order for the transform poller to display correctly.

I would like to be able to assign it, but hide it instead.

• Hi patriot,

this can already be done.

just make sure you uncheck the "Web Display" on the original poller but keep it assigned, use the transformed poller to display it on the webpage! (you can also choose to hide that resource should the poller not be assigned to that node)

hope this helps

• Thanks questionario. I forgot about that feature. However, it is not currently working out that way.

I went back to the UnDP and selected the No option for web display, but the poller is still displayed on the website. When I go back once more to the UnDP, the poller is selected for web display all over again. Its as if I am being ignored. :)

Ideas?

• try editing the options to make sure the poller is actually really disabled for webdisplay, sometimes it still shows on the web page if you only remove the checkmark by right-clicking it. i mean the options page where you can see where the poller will be shown on the web (node details, etc.)

• Understood. If you mean on the Web Display page in the UnDP, then I already selected the "No" radio button. The raw poller still shows on the web page.

• Additional information.

I deleted both the raw and transform pollers. Stopped and restarted all SolarWinds services. Then I rebuilt the raw system uptime poller, assigned it to all nodes, but did not choose to display it on the website. I then configured the transform poller and did display it on the Node Details view.

I still see the raw poller displayed on the website. Perhaps I should delete all custom poller resources from the Node Details view and repeat the process?

• On the UnDP Web Display, select the Edit button at the Top of the Resource. You can Uncheck that UnDP you wish to hide from the Display.

• The Edit button at the top of the web resource (in this case, the Universal Device Poller Status resource) only allows you to autohide the resource if it is not assigned to a given node. It does not have an option to selectively turn off specific pollers.

I suppose I will have to open a ticket.

• did you try right clicking, selecting "Web Display" no matter if it is checked or not and then on the following page check no to not show it on the web and then finish?

• Yes, I have tried that repeatedly and the UnDP does not maintain the "No" selection. although it also has not view box checked.

To restate, I cannot select No for the Web Display and have it stays that way. Neither is the poller removed from the web page.

• Bumping a two year old thread here, but I have the identical issue with NPM 10.2.2.  I don't see it in the 10.3 fix list (may have missed it)  Is anyone else having this issue?  I can go into the UnDP, right click on the poller I want to disable, select "Web Display", set the "Do you want to display results on your orion website" toggle as "No", save it, then do the same thing again and it'll be back checked as "Yes".