cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 13

Feature Request - Cisco Multi CPU Chassis's

Most Cisco devices whether router or switch have one CPU.  However some of the chassis's (not all)  like the 6500s and 7600s have an RP and SP and both are responsible for different things and one CPU is as important as the other.  

If we could monitor those out the box with NPM that would be awesome, as it sits now without custom pollers we can only see the RP.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Feature Request - Cisco Multi CPU Chassis's

Good feedback.  I will append you to the enhancement request.

So you would just like to see those two gauges on a single node details page correct?

Level 13

Yes I think 2 gauges on the same page would be great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

new ASR100x series also use dual processor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

I have created a custom poller that gives two graphs for the RP and SP processors as we tripped up a couple of times with the RP was hitting 50% and the SP was around 10% and the graph was only showing 30%.

This is no different to the multi core CPU in servers the graph is only an avg. of all processors so is not useful at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

The Charting for Multi-CPU chassis is in place, but how to setup alerts? Custom SQL query anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

thamizh85

Yes that is our concern also in our company, we have now multi CPU graph (NPM 10.6) but we also like to know how to create alert per CPU.

Right now we are just using a undp which is cpmCPUTotal5minRev (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.8)

0 Kudos