This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

F5 OID - Table - First 5 rows only?

Im polling a OID in F5, and it comes back with multiple tabular values. I see that Solarwinds takes only the first 5 rows into consideration? I have all my important values after the 5th row. There are many rows with 0. Is it possible to exclude all ZERO rows, and have only the important values to be shown in report?

Here is the OID:

access0 
_tmm_apm_acl0 
/Common/access0 
/Windows/xenapp.app/citrix0 
/Windows/xenapp.app/citrix0 
/Common/duo_xx_hst_chk0 
/Common/duo_xx_hst_chk149Browser VPN
/Common/duo_xx_hst_chk0 
/Common/duo_yy.xx.org0 
/Common/duo_yy.xx.org0 
/Common/duo_yy.xx.org2VPN Basic
/Common/duo_yy.xx.org_basic0 
/Common/duo_f5client0 
/Common/duo_f5client2001Thick Client
/Common/duo_hst_avchk-temp69 
/Common/20200323-duo0 
/Common/yy.xx.org_basic0 
/Common/xxvpnhostchk_f5client0 

Only 3 values in the above table are useful. How do I extract those?

Regards

• Why do you think it only considers the first 5 rows?

• It tells me when I add it to a custom poller. First 5 rows are 0. It also gives me an error trying to add that OID.

s seen below, it says First 5 rows. I cant see the other values in the graph using regular poller (thro GUI).

Will UnDP help in this case? Im going to try UnDP later this week. 

Regardsf5 oid.png

• Yes this is a use case for a UNDP
  • Ok.. I added this in UnDP. I get a lot of wrong/garbage data. It shows some random numbers as given below..

I selected the SNMP MIB Value as RAW. When I ran a SNMP Walk to the OID, it showed it as a Counter. Should I change the SNMP MIB value in UnDP to Counter instead ? and use GET TABLE, instead of GET NEXT? 

apmpastatus.jpg

Please see the output of the SNMP Walk i did..

At the bottom i see the variable type as counter.. SHould I use counter instead of RAW in UnDP ? Also , the number shown doesnt match the graph  

APMCOunter.jpg

• anyone has any ideas? Im planning to open a TAC case for this

• Those long strings instead of names are because you selected the wrong info for your label.

As far as the numbers not matching the graph it's likely because you are showing a full day on the graph, they automatically smooth out data points when you try to show too many at once. Change your graph to something like last hour and set the graph interval to match the poll interval and I expect it will align.
  • Those long strings instead of names are because you selected the wrong info for your label. - Where do we select this? and can I edit it to the show the correct info?

• You set the label when you were creating the UNDP, it had a prompt on maybe the 4th screen if i recall correctly. Anyway you can just change it by loading the UNDP tool, find your poller right click and go to label

mesverrum_1-1585337438373.png

1, Change the radio button from the default value of interfaces

2, find your vendor and the device you want to use to test the OID, click test

3, the columns will populate based on what your device sends back you pick the column number that would be the best for your row labels.  It is not always the first one, in my example here column 6 actually had the friendly names I wanted to use for my table.

4, click finish, wait for the next polling cycle to complete then refresh your chart and the labels should line up.

mesverrum_0-1585337409779.png

It is relatively uncommon, but there are cases where the labels you want aren't on the same table as the data you want to chart out and that gets a lot more complicated there because Orion just natively assumes the labels live on the same table.  In these cases if you dig around in the SNMP trees for your gear enough and can actually find the table with the names you want to use and they are organized using the same row id scheme as the table you are polling then you can actually edit the database and manually set the OID orion uses to find labels to anything you want.  As usual, be careful when you are in there hacking the database up, but I have done this in many cases for clients and it is pretty low risk as long as you know not to accidentally overwrite the labels column for the whole table or some other similar mistake.

mesverrum_2-1585337952386.png

* Despite the fact that labeltype says sametable, you can actually give it any OID as long the the rowid scheme is the same between both tables.

• I also just jumped back to the beginning of the thread where your initial question was that you only really wanted 3 of the values from this whole table anyway. Just figure out what row you want to poll and stick that on the end of the OID

So if we are starting with this to get the whole table: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.6.1.1.3.1.5

but you only need rows 7, 11, and 16 then make 3 custom pollers, probably doing a get next on them.

Thats honestly going to be a lot cleaner than pulling the whole table

• When I tried doing a SNMP poll :

No results for "1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.6.1.1.3.1.5.7" in all fields.

Search suggestions:

• Remove the last digit from an OID to find the branch in the MIB tree, then drill down to the specific OID.
    • If the OID does not exist in our database, you can manually define the OID below.
    • Search the thwack community for useful OIDs.

Should I add this OID manually and then try? Im doing this SNMP poll from the MIB browser tab in Solarwinds GUI. Ill try through UnDP too and let you know.

Raj