cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

F5 Issue with MIBs and solarwinds orion v2012.2.2

If anyone can help with the following problem, I would be eternally greatfull.

We have just purchased a BIG ltm f5 ltm, We would ideally like to monitor Virtual servers/Pools/Nodes.  Looking at the Solarwinds demo area - http://oriondemo.solarwinds.com/Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:642 It seems we can monitor the status with a table using custom pollers.  Thats all fine and I under stand that, but when i try an implement it, I get values instead of a green/red/blue light type system.  Is there something I am not doing?  Can anyone send me there working custom pollers?  Do I need any other plugins?

thanks a lot

stefan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 12

By mistake I've requested too specific OID. Please can you create new walk of  1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2 subtree.

Thanks,

Jiri

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi Jiripsota,

I managed to fix this, apparetnly our views for nodes is not standard, thus was not seeing the network tab, So once I had changed the default view for that page it worked straight away.

thanks for your help anyway    

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi jiriPsota,

I have tried listing the resource from the self IP of the F5 but I still don't get what i need.  I have gone into the pollers and looked for the F5 but only my custom pollers are shown.  Also the discovery, which i have done multiple times, does list the F5 tick box at the bottom which i have ticked but still I get a very basic information page.  Am I doing something really wrong?  Do I have to setup pollers?

stefan

0 Kudos
Level 12

Can you create and send me the SNMPwalk from your F5. Use SNMPwalk.exe tool in Orion install dir. If you are not able to create complete walk because of timeouts, I will need at least 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.1 subtree. I would like to check if your device support OIDs we use to poll F5.

JIri

0 Kudos
Level 12

Hi,

polling of List of Virtual Servers, Pools and Nodes on F5 devices is new feature in NPM 10.4. Run List Resources on your F5 device and make sure F5 poller is selected. The resources are on Node Detail (Network subview) by default.

Jiri

0 Kudos