This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Extending the mouse-over pop-ups on maps

FormerMember
FormerMember

Ability to customize mouse-over is a good feature, however I'd like to display the "System Contact" ${ContactName} name on the mouse-over.

It works, however, since I have account limitations (Node Name Pattern), only those nodes that a user has listed in his limitation will display the System Contact name.

Is there a way to maintain Node Name Pattern account limitations -and- allow ALL users to see ALL System Contact Names on the node mouse-over?

Currently using NPM 10.1

• It seems to me that if a user is restricted from a node based on an account limitation that it makes sense that they would be restricted from seeing the System Contact information.

I don't think there is going to be a way around this without having a more granular permission system in Orion which doesn't currently exist at this time.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to byrona

Except that, even with account limitations, users can mouse-over any node on the map to view IP address & system type along with the warning "You are not permitted to view any information on this object".

Which I guess is a little bit of an inconsistency itself since they are in fact seeing -some- information about the object.

• If you right click on the map in Network Atlas and select Map Properties there is a radio dialog there to choose to use account limitations on maps or not for that specific map.  So here you can turn it off just for the map.