This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exporting/Importing Advanced Alerts

Did you know that you can export an advanced alert from Orion NPM? Here's how:

1. Click Start>SolarWinds Orion>Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping>Advanced Alert Manager.
  2. Click Configure Alerts.
  3. Select an alert from the Manage Alerts window.
  4. Click the Export button.
  5. Name the alert.
  6. Click Save.

You can now send the alert definition file to anyone.

To import an alert:

1. Click Start>SolarWinds Orion>Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping>Advanced Alert Manager.
  2. Click Configure Alerts.
  3. Select an alert from the Manage Alerts window.
  4. Click the Import button.
  5. Locate the alert to import.
  6. Click Import. The alert appears in the Manage Alerts window.
  • How can I export more than one alert at a time?

• Bump - I want to export all alerts from one server to another.

Are there alert files somewhere that I can copy and move, or is this all just in the DB and can only be exported one at a time via the Alert Manager Gui?

• Bump again - I too would like to be able to export more than one alert at a time - is this possible or at least a file with the alert definitions in them we could use?

Z.

• Is there a work around to exporting alerts from a current version of NPM to a former version of NPM.  We have upgraded one side of the house to current version and all alerts are in the web gui, the other side is not upgraded yet and I wanted to export 3 alerts to that system but the file format is different - anyone have any suggestions?

• There is a way to export one at a time but it is greyed out after selecting more than one. They are probably working on a addition to this.

I just upgraded from NCM 7.3.2, NMP 11.0.1, SAM 6.1.1, IPAM 4.2 --- to NCM 7.4.0, NMP 11.5.2, SAM 6.2.2, IPAM4.3. I should have exported my alerts BEFORE the upgrade. Now experiencing a few issues with the status of the node = to down or unknown. It is showing a 1 or a 2.

• Hi-

I am trying to import/export alerts from Orion 2011.2.1 to 2015.1.2

I can see option of import in 2015.1.2 but in 2011.2.1 I don't see any option , also I don't see anything under all programs like advanced alerts in server with 2011.2.1

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi-

I am trying to import/export alerts from Orion 2011.2.1 to 2015.1.2

I can see option of import in 2015.1.2 but in 2011.2.1 I don't see any option , also I don't see anything under all programs like advanced alerts in server with 2011.2.1.... I login to solarwind GUI and goto setting to click on Manage alerts. I need to import or recreate these alerts in next week for my company ...

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!