cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Export to PDF produce wrong data - traps - events - can duplicate

I am able to duplicate this problem and verifies (so far) that it affects both traps and events tab viewing.

Problem: Exporting to pdf

I click on the TRAPS (or events) link off the main menu when logged in Orion as admin. click on export to pdf, open or save comes up and everything works fine. View pdf and the data is basically the screen snap shot of the traps/events home page.  

Modify my search for traps or events, run the search, view the output no problem.

Try to export to pdf and everything appears to work fine except the data captured in the PDF is ONLY of the home page of TRAPS or EVENTS etc.. It doesn't export the results from the search that was produced on the screen. If you need output examples of this please let me know and I can provide them.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 9

I'm having the same issue with syslog.  I go into syslog and filter based on a specific node, I see exactly what I want on the screen, yet when I try to export to PDF I just get all the syslog messages.  The only thing that it seems to adjust to is the number of syslog messages that are displayed, anything else is ignored.

For example I filter the syslog to show messages from "example-server" & time period "last hour" , leaving the previously set default of showing the last 500 messages & click refresh I see the syslog messages only for example-server for the last hour on my screen.  Yet when i click export to PDF i'm seeing the last 500 syslog messages for "example-server".

When i change this to let's say 50 messages, I export to PDF & get the last 50 messages from all devices, it no longer filters for "example-server" 

0 Kudos
Level 13

KwameB--

Take a look at this thread and in particular Brandon's post. There are known issues with the export to PDF feature that dev is addressing. Read the thread and if it is similar to your problem, post back and I'll let Brandon know.

M

0 Kudos
Level 9

The issue in the thread you referred me to is a different issue, it was about the PDF export not working at all.  In my case a PDF is generated, it's just basically showing the wrong information.

0 Kudos
Level 13

I see. I'll mark your post for the PM as well. Seems like the Export to PDF feature is acting up in general 😉

Thx,

M

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

If you have tried what is covered up here and are on the latest version, then I would recommend a support ticket so we can investigate further.

0 Kudos
Level 13

KwameB--

When you open a support ticket, would you:

--Reference this thread to Support.
--Post back here with a case number.
--Post any solutions you get from Support.

Many thx,

M

0 Kudos
Level 8

I upgraded from 10.1 to 10.1.1 with both Hotfix 1 and Hotfix 2.

This issue still exists and I have opened a case to have this investigated.

Anyone else having this issue or had it and applied a fix???

0 Kudos
Level 7

I can not get ORION to export anything if I set the webserver to use HTTPS.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Looks like you have setup SSL or HTTPS.  If you did, make sure you certificate matches the Orion server hostname

0 Kudos