Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 10

Export to PDF missing or relocated?

Jump to solution

Most pages prior to 12.2 had a link in upper right corner to export the page as a PDF file, that link has been removed. I cannot find the resource to export any page to a pdf (NPM, NTA, NCM, etc).

Prior to 12.2

pastedImage_0.png

Post 12.2

pastedImage_1.png

these screens are from Netflow but the same has occurred on NPM pages as well.

Anyone know how to get the export to PDF option back ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Export to PDF missing or relocated?

Jump to solution

I had the same question earlier, after upgrading to the newest versions.  It turns out that functionality has been deprecated.

However, you CAN still generate a PDF if you simply access the page via Chrome and choose Print To PDF.

pastedImage_0.png

Of you can save a few clicks and simply open the page in Chrome, then hit Ctrl-P (the keyboard shortcut to print a document).  Select "Save as PDF" as your destination, and choose where it'll be saved.

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had the same question earlier, after upgrading to the newest versions.  It turns out that functionality has been deprecated.

However, you CAN still generate a PDF if you simply access the page via Chrome and choose Print To PDF.

pastedImage_0.png

Of you can save a few clicks and simply open the page in Chrome, then hit Ctrl-P (the keyboard shortcut to print a document).  Select "Save as PDF" as your destination, and choose where it'll be saved.

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Jump to solution

&&PRINTABLE=TRUE appended to the URL and then printing from the browser could be a quick and dirty workaround.

NPM 12.2 Release Notes - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support  The Export to PDF button is no longer available. SolarWinds recommends that you use the Save as PDF functionality built into your browser.

Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have created a feature request to make export to pdf button available again.

Could you please vote if you need it?

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/9199

Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So if this is the replacement shouldn't it be able to do the same things as the button did? IF I need to print a list of 50 nodes for someone and I choose "print > Save as PDF" it only gives a screenshot, it doesn't give all 50 items.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It's all I've found.  Agreed, I miss the original Print To PDF button.

Maybe open a new service ticket, or submit yet another feature request for that old functionality to be returned.

Or maybe just identify the shortcoming you mentioned and ask for a work around?

0 Kudos