Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 10

Export to PDF missing or relocated?

Jump to solution

Most pages prior to 12.2 had a link in upper right corner to export the page as a PDF file, that link has been removed. I cannot find the resource to export any page to a pdf (NPM, NTA, NCM, etc).

Prior to 12.2

pastedImage_0.png

Post 12.2

pastedImage_1.png

these screens are from Netflow but the same has occurred on NPM pages as well.

Anyone know how to get the export to PDF option back ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Export to PDF missing or relocated?

Jump to solution

I had the same question earlier, after upgrading to the newest versions.  It turns out that functionality has been deprecated.

However, you CAN still generate a PDF if you simply access the page via Chrome and choose Print To PDF.

pastedImage_0.png

Of you can save a few clicks and simply open the page in Chrome, then hit Ctrl-P (the keyboard shortcut to print a document).  Select "Save as PDF" as your destination, and choose where it'll be saved.

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had the same question earlier, after upgrading to the newest versions.  It turns out that functionality has been deprecated.

However, you CAN still generate a PDF if you simply access the page via Chrome and choose Print To PDF.

pastedImage_0.png

Of you can save a few clicks and simply open the page in Chrome, then hit Ctrl-P (the keyboard shortcut to print a document).  Select "Save as PDF" as your destination, and choose where it'll be saved.

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

MVP
MVP

Jump to solution

&&PRINTABLE=TRUE appended to the URL and then printing from the browser could be a quick and dirty workaround.

NPM 12.2 Release Notes - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support  The Export to PDF button is no longer available. SolarWinds recommends that you use the Save as PDF functionality built into your browser.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have created a feature request to make export to pdf button available again.

Could you please vote if you need it?

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/9199

Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So if this is the replacement shouldn't it be able to do the same things as the button did? IF I need to print a list of 50 nodes for someone and I choose "print > Save as PDF" it only gives a screenshot, it doesn't give all 50 items.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It's all I've found.  Agreed, I miss the original Print To PDF button.

Maybe open a new service ticket, or submit yet another feature request for that old functionality to be returned.

Or maybe just identify the shortcoming you mentioned and ask for a work around?

0 Kudos