This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Execute external Python script from NPM

Hi,

I'm new with Python but succeeded to write Python script with tk (python with GUI),

I want to install Python on my Orion server (windows) and execute the script from NPM, i saw that I can run external script from alert action and with SAM but this is not the case

This script open GUI window with embedded juniper show commands, and I what to be able to run this from NPM the same way i can open SSH or Https to the device from orion node

Is it possible ?

Regards

Rafi

• What are you attempting to accomplish with this script?

Is this in response to an event or just a periodic check of values?

In what form is the output?

Do you do anything with the output?

• The goal is to create button on NPN summery node, and from there run the scripn

It should not be response to an event,

The scenario is when i open the npm summery and i want to run some show command i will be able to execute the python (which will be located on orion server) script from the npm summery screen, same way i can do SSH or Https from npm

rafish_0-1605797149927.png