This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Execute a remote cgi from an Orion resource

I want to run an unmanage group perl script I wrote (using the REST api) from a resource. The script lives on my ticketing/reporting server in cgi-bin. It requires input of the group name and duration (minimally). Ideally, I would like to report failures, etc. back into the resource also. I tried to use a custom html resource that contained the <form> data with the submit button - which all displays properly - but the web server never sees the request for the cgi. The SW page refreshes on the click, though. I've successfully tested the script in a browser so I know the script works and has adequate permissions. I even tried putting the call to the cgi in an html page on that server and embedded that page in an iframe in the resource. Nothing at all appears in the frame that way. Is there something about the way the custom html resource works that will defeat this approach?

Many thanks.