This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Execute External Program Does not work

I'm running Orion 9.5 and I've been asked to restart a service when it's detected stopped in APM. Sounded pretty straight forward to me. So I created an Advanced APM alert for that APM template when it's down. In the Trigger Actions section I have created an "Execute External Program" alert that runs the following command. 

"C:\WINDOWS\psservice.exe" \\SERVERNAME -u domain\username -p password start servicename

When that failed to work I created a batch file "C:\windows\Restart.bat" that contained the same command above.

Using filemon I can see the program gets executed, but the service doesn't start. I've run both the command and the batch file locally and they both work perfectly, but for whatever reason they don't run correctly when the alerting engine fires them. I've also noticed using filemon that only one attempt is made, even though I have it configured to continually retry every minute as long as the alert is active.

I found a much older thread that said I needed to have the Alert Engine service have the ability to interact with the desktop. I enabled that, restarted the Alert Engine service and tried again and again but still the trigger did not execute as needed. This is very frustrating so any help would be much appreciate. Thanks.