This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Excluding certain traps from alert rules?

Hello. Normally I like to do all the filtering of SNMP traps at source, so adding a rule to notify us is straightforward - forward all traps as an email, etc.

In this case I can't do so, so I need to exclude certain traps from my alert rule.
Specifically, I need to forward all traps that contain the string cdsAlarmMajor , unless they also contain the string tcpstat-v1 in which case they can be ignored.
At a later date, I'll also need to add extra exclusions.

The first section is straightforward - just put *cdsAlarmMajor* in the Trap Details tab.
I assume for the exclusion I should use the Conditions tab, then do a rule that says "Traps received where none of the following are true", and then have a separate line for each string to exclude but what do I need to put in the first half to replace SNMPvs-MIB:snmpTrapOID?

Thanks in advance