This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exclude alert for a specific user or user group.

Hello

We have a couple of F5 alerts that we would like to exclude for a specific user, but we want the same user to see other alerts that would originate from the same node, like node down and hardware alerts and so forth. This user is being used as a NOC user, but we are not using the NOC view, it's just a monitoring screen that is logged into Solarwinds and shows the All Active Alerts but we want to exclude all the F5 alerts from this user.

I´m pretty sure I could do this by making all my alerts into alert limitation A and then the F5 alerts into alert limitation B and then make the user only see alert limitation A, but that would mean that whenever somebody creates a new alert that he/she would need to remember to add that alert into alert limitation A so we would be able to see it on our "All Active Alerts" monitoring screen. And I was wondering if there isn't a way for me to just exclude those F5 alerts from our monitoring user?

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

TLDR:
I would like to exclude some alerts for specific users even though those same users can view other alerts that originate from the same node.

• The way you described with Alert Limitations would be one way to do it. That's the only way I know how to exclude specific alerts from all views/resources.

You could potentially run up a new dashboard with a Custom Query resource to show alerts via a SWQL query (instead of the default alert widgets) and have the WHERE clause exclude that specific Alert ID #.

However the ALERTS & ACTIVITY > Alerts screen would still show all alerts.