This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error when managing views after upgrading to NPM v11.5

Hey guys,

I think I need some help with an error I am seeing when I try to manage any of the views for NPM.  The error I am seeing is "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and I've only started seeing this after upgrading to 11.5 last Thursday, 3/12/2015.  Has anyone seen this issue when they've upgraded to 11.5 and found a way to resolve it?  There are a few older threads out there that state to either reinstall everything from scratch, blow away the website via IIS, then run the config wizard for either all resources or just the website.  It's not entirely clear which is the best path to resolve the issue.  My team is still able to work but I would like to utilize some of the new features brought in with the upgrade to 11.5.

The threads I have found are : Error editing a View - An unexpected error occurred: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  NPM add or edit view error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and Unexpected Website Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object after NPM 10.7

My current SolarWinds configuration : NPM(11.5) and NCM(7.2.2) Additional Web-server, NPM(11.5) and NCM(7.2.2) Polling Engine, NPM(11.5) Additional Polling engine, SQL 2008 r2 database server.

I really appreciate all the help I can get here b/c this one is stumping me.  Thanks in advance!

PJ Martin

Network and Monitoring Engineer, Sr.

Global Payments Inc.