This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ESXi Host doesn't import because of two IP Addresses?

Hoping either for a little insight or a tip on why NPM isn't importing ESXi Host off the vCenter for every host.

Long story short, I added the vCenters, and some of the hosts come in, while others don't. I can't find a single difference in these hosts, so my only assumption is that somehow Solarwinds just doesn't know which IP to use on the host, so it won't add it. The IP difference is just the vMotion interface vs interface for mgmt. In DNS a host that imported fine versus a host that didn't look identical as well as they were all just recently updated to 6.5.

All the hosts are in Maint Mode, when you click one that isn't imported it pops up asking which IP to manage. If I choose the normal mgmt IP it monitors just fine... I just want this to be automatic for new hosts coming in emoticons_happy.png

Any thoughts on what I'm missing?