cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Dynamic Query using Group Object

Jump to solution

Quick question, and I am sure it is covered somewhere, is there away to create a dynamic query for a group using a Group field that is in Groups?

So for example I create a group area-A and members of area-A is sites B, C and D then the nodes are reported in the Sites.

I know I can create a group and manually add groups, but would really like to automate this...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
In order to avoid self recursing groups they don't let you automatically add groups to other groups. You could build such an automation using the API but they explicitly decided not to make it a built in capability.
- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

2 Replies
I would go down the Custom Property route. Create new CP for "Site", assign the appropriate value to all of your nodes, and then populate your groups using dynamic queries which reference these CP values.

If you have overlaps, you could use other CPs to include those which need to be grouped into more than one.
- Jez Marsh
In order to avoid self recursing groups they don't let you automatically add groups to other groups. You could build such an automation using the API but they explicitly decided not to make it a built in capability.
- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post