This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Downloaded the 12.3 offline installer (2.9Gb) and the installation won't continue because there is no internet connection

Downloaded the 12.3 offline installer (2.9Gb) and the installation won't continue because there is no internet connection, during the initial test phase it comes back with a couple of recommendations which are all passable bar the message 'No Internet Connection Detected' and it suggests to me to download the offline installer, can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong here

• If you downloaded this from customer portal reach back to SolarWinds support, probably few required executable's might have been missed while they packaged the offline installer.

If you want to dig more yourself then login into SolarWinds Server  and check the following folders "c:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs" or "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\", Offline installer does create log files which would have the error description and details as to why the installer is not working.

Hope it helps.

• vinay.by  wrote:

If you downloaded this from customer portal reach back to SolarWinds support, probably few required executable's might have been missed while they packaged the offline installer.

If you want to dig more yourself then login into SolarWinds Server  and check the following folders "c:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs" or "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\", Offline installer does create log files which would have the error description and details as to why the installer is not working.

Hope it helps.

Hello Vinay! When did you download the offline installer? We released a new version of the offline installer alongside the NTA 4.4 HF1 that was released that should have resolved a few offline issues.

• While the notests flag will work,  there is a good chance that you will have issues later.  I found out from support that this happens when files are prereqs missing as part of the installer.  If you contact support they will help you find what components are missing.  In my case it was sqlcli_x64 and sqlcli_x86.