cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Down Nodes with Unacknowledged Alerts

Our help desk (8:00am - 5:00pm) has our main Solarwinds dashboard running on an overhead monitor and for the most part it works great. 

Our problem is "Down Nodes", there is no easy way to indicate if a down node alert has been assigned to someone (acknowledged).  Ideally I would like a column above "Down Nodes" labeled "Down Nodes with Unacknowledged Alerts" that way if a Help Desk support person comes in the AM and sees a 'Down Node with Unacknowledged Alert' he can assign it to a tech and then acknowledge it. 

Is this feasible or is there some functionality in SW that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 17

You can address this in a couple of different ways

- Make the Alerts view the default view for helpdesk and they can use the checkbox to hide already acknowledged alerts (as shown in screencap below)

- Add a Custom Table (assuming NPM v10.7+) resource to your dashboard view

Core-Active-Alerts-Ack.png

Level 9

Thanks, I was thinking something like this (not sure if this is possible with Custom Table):

Ack.png

I have mad artistry skills.

0 Kudos
Level 17

Now, we are getting a little fancy

Add a Custom Table resource. For the data source selection, change the first drop down to 'Advanced Database query (SQL, SWQL)' and switch the radio button to 'SQL' when it shows up

The below SQL should work (Change the 2 items in orange - x.x.x.x to your SolarWinds server IP. Change the AlertDefID for it from the AlertDefinitions table in the database)

SELECT Nodes.Caption, Nodes.StatusLed, AlertStatus.TriggerTimestamp, ('<a href="'+'http://x.x.x.x/Orion/Netperfmon/AckAlert.aspx?AlertDefID=462c2d7e-33da-4717-85aa-fd77157e9bb0:'+ CAST(Nodes.NodeID AS VARCHAR) +':Node' + '">Click to Ack<a/>') AS URL

FROM (AlertDefinitions INNER JOIN AlertStatus ON (AlertDefinitions.AlertDefid = AlertStatus.AlertDefID)  INNER JOIN nodes ON (AlertStatus.ActiveObject = Nodes.Nodeid)) WHERE AlertStatus.Acknowledged=0

when you choose the columns, be sure to check the 'Allow HTML tags' for the URL column

Credits: Query adapted from Active Alerts for Advanced Alerts - replace &amp;quot;All triggered alerts&amp;quot; on summary